One of the simplest ways to season and cook cube steak is with a low-sodium flour rub. It’s made of ingredients most people have around the house, and if you don’t, they are so multi-purpose that they’re worth investing in.
- Cube steak (approx. 5 cubes per person)
- All-purpose flour
- Grapeseed oil
- Sea salt
- No-Salt BBQ Rub or No-Salt Poultry or BBQ Seasoning
(Some great brands are: No Salt Rub “Organic” Deceptively Delicious, Kirkland, Baby’s Got Back)
- 12’’ Non-stick pan
- Mixing bowl
- Your first step is going to be to pour a reasonable amount of flour in the mixing bowl (enough to coat all of your cube steak). Stir the flour and the BBQ rub together in the bowl.
- Add approximately 2 teaspoons of the BBQ rub (more to taste). Sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt into the mixture.
- Dampen the cube steak slightly with water, then coat the steak thoroughly with the flour mixture.
- Coat the pan lightly with grapeseed oil (not more than 2 teaspoons of oil) and heat the pan on medium-high heat.
- Cook the cubed steak, turning over often to ensure is cooked through, until flour coating begins to blacken slightly (but not heavily burnt).
- Serve hot with salad and/or baked sweet potatoes!