1. Netflix, Hulu, Comedy Central, Adult Swim, somebody, get the rights and greenlight Season 6 of Community NOW!
2. The asteroid is only going wipe everyone out if they don’t return next year, not next season. So while the show might be canceled for the 2014-2015 season, there’s still a chance that it could be back for the 2015-2016 season, right? This would give Dan Harmon more time to prepare so he could do a full-year’s worth of episodes as opposed to a half-length season.
3. Maybe the movie in “six seasons and a movie” comes before season 6? Get started on that Kickstarter (possible plot suggestion, given that asteroid: an Armageddon parody?).
4. Or highjack someone else’s movie! Abed’s working for SHIELD in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so why not bring the whole study group in? On a similar note, given he is a character in their comics universe, the Marvel movies would be the perfect way to keep alive the character of Steven Colbert, this year’s other biggest comedic loss. Maybe he’s a professor of politics at Dean P’s School for the Not-So-Gifted?
5. Of course, Sony, the producers of Community, might not want to play too friendly with Disney’s Marvel-verse, but there is one Marvel property Sony does own the rights to: Spider-Man! The series appears to be imploding with the much hated recent film so why not kill Peter Parker and then bring Donald Glover back from his world-traveling voyage and become the new Spider-Man? He’s wanted to do it. You can tragically kill Levar Burton as a tragic backstory or something. TROY AND ABED FIGHTING VILLLLLAINS!
6. I don’t know, the Community porn parody can hire Dan Harmon as a writer? If all else fails, they could count as a sixth season, or a movie, I guess. We’d probably get the funniest, best-written inversion of Campbell’s hero’s sexual journey ever (and probably a better title than the bland This Ain’t Community XXX we got; seriously, they couldn’t have gone with a pun-ny Cum-munity or an E Pluribus Anus in-joke?).
7. Futurama‘s been canceled for a third time, but they’re still doing a crossover with The Simpsons. At the least, a crossover with Rick and Morty shouldn’t be too much to ask.
And if Greendale is destroyed by an asteroid and we don’t get our promised six seasons and a movie, the pressure’s on to keep the promise of A HUNDRED YEARS RICK AND MORTY!